Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hi All!

I wanted to get to this earlier, but it's been a tough couple of days.

First of all, thanks to Andy for the invite. I'm looking forward to meeting other people in the area interested in reading, writing, blogging and watching science fiction.

I thought I would share a list of a couple of my sci fi favs from different media.

Books:
  • As Andy said before, the Foundation series, by Isaac Asimov (especially Second FoundationFoundation and Earth)
  • The Dying Earth stories (Cugel's Saga, etc.), Planet of Adventure and the Demon Prince stories, by Jack Vance
  • October Country (short story compilation), Something Wicked This Way Comes, and of course, Farenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
  • The Demolished Man, by Alfred Bester
  • Childhood's End, by Arthur C. Clark
Comics:
  • League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Earth X, Universe X and Paradise X
  • Crimson
  • Excalibur (the original, with Alan Davis; awesome)
TV:
  • Star Trek
  • Battlestar Galactica (new version)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • Angel
Games:
  • Final Fantasy: IV, V, VI, VII, X2 and XII
  • Resident Evil: I (remake), II, IV
  • Morrowind
  • Super Mario Bros 3
  • Okami
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Star Wars: X-Wing
Movies:
  • The Matrix
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Star Trek (pick one)
  • Star Wars (pick one, from the original trilogy, anyway)
  • Seven
  • Evil Dead 2
This is just a sample of my favorites, especially when it comes to the books. How about everyone else?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember fondly reading the Foundation series...probably my first intro to "real" sci fi. Haven't read much Asimov since, but this definitely provided a "foundation" for future understanding of sci-fi.

Same goes for Bradbury. I recently reread F451, and it blew me away (again). Childhood's End is another of those "formative" books for me.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home